The Matt Gaetz meltdown at The Villages

Trump is on trial! If each of you reading this can kick in $10 or $25, it'll help keep Palmer Report firing on all cylinders at this crucial time in our nation's history: Donate now
-----
Palmer Report readers: sign up for our free mailing list here

Censorship is a tricky thing. On the one hand, free speech is something that defines us. On the other hand, it can and often does cause problems. What is free speech, and what is hate speech? Where does one draw the line? These are complex issues, and everybody has a different opinion on said issues.

And this brings me to what occurred at The Villages the other night. Matt Gaetz (fool-insurrection party-Florida) and Marjorie Taylor Greene (nutcase-insurrection party-Georgia) appeared at the Villages on Friday night.

Speaking to hundreds of riled-up and roaring Floridians, the two proceeded to whip up the crowd in a hateful frenzy of words. Greene challenged Biden’s win, asking the crowd: “Do you guys really think he won? I didn’t see this kind of support for a man who stayed in the basement for an entire year campaigning, did you?”

The crowd roared its approval.

Greene also gleefully insulted the people affected by COVID, saying they were at home, not for health reasons but because they were “not wanting to go to work.”

The crowd roared its approval.

Gaetz insisted to the crowd that the “Deep state is real.”

The crowd roared with venom and ecstasy.

Gaetz told the crowd he was a “wanted man.”

The crowd hooted and hollered in approval.

The former guy was mentioned frequently in glowing terms.

And with every mention, the crowd roared its agreement.

Do these frenzied crowd members have any understanding of what they are hearing? Do they understand the encouragement they are giving to people whose only goal is to sow division?

I do not know the answer, but I will end this article with a quote from George Orwell, which I think is appropriate here: “The most effective way to destroy people is to deny and obliterate their own understanding of their history.”

Trump is on trial! If each of you reading this can kick in $10 or $25, it'll help keep Palmer Report firing on all cylinders at this crucial time in our nation's history: Donate now
-----
Palmer Report readers: sign up for our free mailing list here