Lock him up!

Attention Palmer Report readers: sign up for our free mailing list here
-----
Note from Bill Palmer: if each of you reading this can kick in $10 or $25, it'll help keep Palmer Report firing on all cylinders at this crucial time in our nation's history: Donate now

We should not have been surprised. I say this regarding the bombshell news that the former guy weaponized the Department of Justice to spy on his enemies by seizing metadata from Apple and slapping a gag order on Apple. We already know of at least two prominent Democrats who were spied on. There will likely be more where that came from.

We shouldn’t have been surprised. But we were. I don’t know about you, my friends, but my jaw dropped. In retrospect, though, it makes sense. The former guy is, I believe, a sociopath. I cannot be sure. I am not a psychologist and have not diagnosed him.

But he meets all the criteria. And sociopathy is a personality disorder. There is no cure. Sociopaths cannot feel empathy. They cannot care about anyone beyond themselves. They use people. They turn on any perceived enemies in a heartbeat. They are without any conscience. They know what they are doing is wrong, and they do not care.

So, yes. The former guy did this. And I would not be surprised if there are even more horrible things he did that we don’t even know about.

It’ll all come out. An investigation will happen, and at the time of this writing has already been announced. Democrats will make sure Barr testifies before them. Jeff Sessions and Bill Barr should be very scared right now. As Lawrence O’Donnell said on his show the night this broke, “even Nixon didn’t do this.”

The weaponization of the Justice Department was awful, and this damage will take many years to undo fully. The former guy and his corrupt minions seemed to think they would get away with it. But actions have consequences, and make no mistake. There will be consequences. In the coming months, we will see where this goes.

Attention Palmer Report readers: sign up for our free mailing list here
-----
Note from Bill Palmer: if each of you reading this can kick in $10 or $25, it'll help keep Palmer Report firing on all cylinders at this crucial time in our nation's history: Donate now