Josh Hawley is in real trouble

Trump is on trial! If each of you reading this can kick in $10 or $25, it'll help keep Palmer Report firing on all cylinders at this crucial time in our nation's history: Donate now
-----
Palmer Report readers: sign up for our free mailing list here

U.S. Sen. Josh Hawley (R.-Mo.) lies, including when he challenged the state-certified electoral college votes on Jan 6, because “millions” demanded he do so.

The day after the seditious riot he helped incite when domestic terrorists upended both chambers bent on executing Vice President Mike Pence and House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, he sneered, “I will never apologize for giving voice to the millions of Missourians and Americans who have concerns about the integrity of our elections. That’s my job, and I will keep doing it.”

First off, Hawley doesn’t represent anyone outside of Missouri, a state with 6.5 million residents. Of those, 2.44 million voted in the 2018 midterms in which Hawley was elected to the Senate.

Of those 2.44 million votes, Hawley garnered 1.25 million, winning with 51.5 percent. (Trump won 56.8 percent in 2020, and 56.4 percent in 2016.) So at best, even if all Missourians who voted for Hawley are still behind him 100 percent, it’s just over 1 million people, not millions.

And it’s doubtful that all who voted for him are still with him, summed up succinctly in this quote from The Kansas City Star from a former supporter in Hawley’s “hometown” (another lie – he was born in Arkansas) of Lexington, a community of 4,500 east of Kansas City, where Hawley lived from age 2 until he was 13 and then sent to a Jesuit prep school in KC.
“What do I think? I think Josh Hawley s**t in his own mess kit if he thinks he’s going any further than he is,” said the unnamed lifelong resident who voted for both Trump and Hawley.
“According to what you hear on the radio and television,” he said, “he was an up-and-coming star, possibly had his eye on 2024. He just blew that out the door.”

Trump is on trial! If each of you reading this can kick in $10 or $25, it'll help keep Palmer Report firing on all cylinders at this crucial time in our nation's history: Donate now
-----
Palmer Report readers: sign up for our free mailing list here