Chuck Grassley is dazed and confused

Trump is on trial! If each of you reading this can kick in $10 or $25, it'll help keep Palmer Report firing on all cylinders at this crucial time in our nation's history: Donate now
-----
Palmer Report readers: sign up for our free mailing list here

The GOP in the state of Iowa is waiting for a decision. This decision is about whether Senator Chuck Grassley will make yet another run in 2022. Grassley (dazed and confused, insurrection party, Iowa) has not yet made a decision.

I personally think he shouldn’t do it. His polling numbers have been horrible. I am not so sure he’d win another term. The insurrection party is confident that if Grassley ran, there would be no opening for a Democrat.

While it is true that Iowa has moved more to the right in recent years, I would not by any means lump them in with states such as Mississippi or South Carolina, nor would I call Iowa an unwinnable state.

The Democrats have indeed been disappointed by Iowa’s elections in recent years. However, Iowa is a highly educated state whose schools are very well-known for being at the top of the list.

Iowa is a moderate state, and I think with the right candidate, we can win, whether it is winning against Grassley or someone else.

According to various reports, the GOP are all but begging Grassley to make another run. This makes no sense to me. Grassley is 87 years old, his poll numbers are terrible, and he does not appear to know where he is half the time.

So we will see how this goes. Former Democratic Rep. Abby Finkenauer has just declared her candidacy, and she will be an exciting opponent. It looks like the Iowa Senate race is on!

Trump is on trial! If each of you reading this can kick in $10 or $25, it'll help keep Palmer Report firing on all cylinders at this crucial time in our nation's history: Donate now
-----
Palmer Report readers: sign up for our free mailing list here